Welcome to Newbattle Medical Practice
We hope to use our surgery website as a way of presenting all our patients with an up to date resource for all information relating to our practice. We will keep it current with any news, developments & details that are relevant to the practice & our patients.
As well as a source of information about our Practice, the staff & the services we provide, we hope you use the website as a useful resource with links to other reliable websites for health related information. If there is topical health information we will also add this to the website.
Have a look around our website and please do send us some feedback. We can use your thoughts to improve our online services & further develop the website to make it a more useful, practical application for our patients.
We open early every morning for booked appointments only. If you need an early routine appointment to see a GP these are available from 7.20am. Please ring the bell to let the receptionist know you are here. These appointments are suitable for people who find it difficult to get time off. They are also useful if you need a medical examination for example for your HGV licence.
OUR COMPUTER SYSTEM IS BEING UPGRADED ON 28th & 29th OF JUNE 2017 BY NHS LOTHIAN THERE WILL BE LIMITED ACCESS TO PATIENT RECORDS AND NO ABILITY TO ISSUE PRESCRIPTIONS FOR REPEAT MEDICATION
- Due to limited access to patient records and will be operating a walk in emergency system
- Patients are requested to attend the surgery and complete an emergency form then sit in the waiting room to be called if they wish to see /speak to a GP
- The Practice will have NO ability to produce repeat prescriptions on these days
- We would therefore request if patients require repeat medication prior to 3rd July 2017 a request is submitted by 19th June 2017
- Requests for medication required after 30th June 2017 cannot be guaranteed to be processed
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this period of change.
The GPs have undertaken the following consultations this year so far:
JANUARY - 8508
FEBRUARY - 8004
March - 8837
April - 7705
May - 9554
The nurses undertaken the following consultations this year so far:
JANUARY - 2286
FEBRUARY - 2327
March - 3522
April - 2865
May - 2715
Staff Training Closures 2017
Wednesday 8th November 2017Closed from 12.30pm for Staff Training
Dr A McClelland retired from the Practice on 7/3/2017
(Site updated 14/06/2017)