Welcome to Newbattle Medical Practice
Newbattle Surgery Online Prescriptions
(This facility will be available from 5th July 2018. Please make sure you register)
With effect from the 5th July 2018 the existing online prescription request system will no longer be available. We are introducing a new online prescription service which links directly to your records. This will therefore remove any requirement for you to input details of any repeat medications you require as all current repeat prescriptions will be shown and you can tick the appropriate box (es).
If you wish to provide additional information regarding your repeats or request an acute prescription there is a facility to do that.
In order to use the online prescription request service you will require to complete an application for online services which can be obtained from reception. Current identification will be required to register for this service.
Please see below for further information:
- You may request your regular repeat medication
- Please allow 2 full working days for us to process your request or 4 days if you collect from a chemist
- The prescription will be ready for collection at the surgery unless you have an agreement with a chemist
- If the item you require is listed under ‘Unavailable Repeat Prescriptions’ please tick the box to ‘request an expired prescription or another medication’ and write what you require
- If you request something you do not usually order it will need to be reviewed by the GP which may take up to 5 days and may not be processed
- Please check the status of your request (by using the + symbol on the screen), even if it shows as ‘processed’ for any messages from the GP
- The free text box is ONLY for prescription requests. For all other queries please call during normal working hours on 0131 663 1051
Application for Text Messages
Newbattle Medical Practice offer a SMS text messaging service
Should you wish to receive text messages from the practice please click on the link below and complete the attached form or collect and complete the patient consent form which is available at reception.
Text Message Consent Form
Ways you can help us help YOU!
- Remember that the local pharmacies all offer a Minor Ailment service which should be the first point of call for ailments such as :
- Coughs & colds
- Hay Fever
- Back Ache
- Head lice
- + Many more. Leaflets are available at the pharmacies
- The first point of contact for dental problems, eye problems and foot issues should be your Dentist, Optician or Podiatrist who will refer you to the GP if required
- Please be patient when calling the practice. Large call volumes mean that there may be a wait until the receptionist can answer your call. We will answer as soon as we can
- It may be that you called in the morning to request a call back but due to high volumes of calls your slot is later in the day. Please allow time for the GP to call you back
- All prescriptions must be ordered in writing or online for audit purposes
- Local pharmacies can set up an agreement with you where they will order your medication and collect the prescription for you to save you coming to the surgery to collect it. Speak to your pharmacy
- Prescription requests take 48 hours for a repeat prescription and 5 days for an acute. Make sure you order in time!
- Please try to order your medication timely. If the order is too soon it will not be processed, too late and we may not be able have it ready when you need it. We recommend 7 – 10 days prior to the end of your current medication
- Should you have any complaints or concerns regarding the practice please let us know directly either verbally or in writing. This will allow us to investigate, respond to you and if possible take any action required to improve our service
Use the National Health Service Wisely
There are many problems which do not require a Doctor or Nurse. It is important that everyone uses their local GP and A&E departments appropriately, this ensures we are available for serious health problems. Other local NHS services you can contact for health advice, information or treatment.
Please click on the 'Signposting' link below
We hope to use our surgery website as a way of presenting all our patients with an up to date resource for all information relating to our practice. We will keep it current with any news, developments & details that are relevant to the practice & our patients.
As well as a source of information about our Practice, the staff & the services we provide, we hope you use the website as a useful resource with links to other reliable websites for health related information. If there is topical health information we will also add this to the website.
Have a look around our website and please do send us some feedback. We can use your thoughts to improve our online services & further develop the website to make it a more useful, practical application for our patients.
We open early every morning for booked appointments only. If you need an early routine appointment to see a GP these are available from 7.20am. Please ring the bell to let the receptionist know you are here. These appointments are suitable for people who find it difficult to get time off. They are also useful if you need a medical examination for example for your HGV licence.
(Site updated 25/05/2018)